Thursday, November 19, 2015

Lunchtime watercolour

Waiting for Västan. 31 x23 cm Arches rough 300g


It took me two lunch breaks to paint this. I've been studying Chien Chung Wei, I feel very inspired learning from him, I bought his book and DVD. The problem now is that the hill just got much higher as I regard his work so highly. I of course want to be as good as Chein Chung Wei and Joseph Zbukvic, I put a lot of pressure on myself to improve. I need goals, trying to be as good as the masters is one and enjoying myself is the other.

2 comments :

  1. setxu3:40 pm

    Two well invested lunchtimes, very beautiful greys and wonderful human figure. You´ve got your onw style theres no need to replicate this two genius, you can consider yourself another one, I´m sure they don´t show everything, so you should enjoy yourshelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you setxu! I'm trying to become better with my greys. I started off by learning from Charles Reid and he's not big into muddy colours. Time has passed I now prefer the teachings of Zbukvic and Chien Chung Wei.

      Delete