Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Back to smudging

Venue: Mäster Olofsgården, Old town, Stockholm 20151102

I have a friend visiting Stockholm at the moment. He goes to life drawing nearly everyday when he is in town. I'm going to more sessions because of this. It's fun, I meet new people I wouldn't otherwise meet.
I'm back to using charcoal dust and smudging with my fingers. It like this technique, it's fast and expressive. The only negative is that it's pretty messy but that's a small sacrifice for the sake of art!

Ten minute sketch

Ten  minute sketch

Ten  minute sketch

Five  minute sketch

Fifteen  minute sketch

Five  minute sketch

Five  minute sketch

Five  minute sketch

Two  minute sketch

2 comments :

  1. setxu8:51 pm

    Smudge suits you, fantastic sketches, and don´t worry water is enougth to remove carcoal from your fingers. I would like get dirt and have thjs results, I usually get my fingers dirt and a pretty bad drawings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks setxu! I appreciate your support! :)

      Delete