Wednesday, July 08, 2015

A model from 1925

I found a wonderful photo of a nude on the internet, to my surprise I found an original copy on Ebay. I plan to do a large watercolour once I receive the print. The original photo was taken by Heinrich Maass from Berlin and was featured in a book called "Nature & Culture", a collection of nudes of women from different cultures around the world. It was assembled by Dr. Peter Landow in 1924 & 1925.
used a Cretacolor Monolith 9B  for toning on A4 Fabriano Eco Artist paper.

Drawn from an original photo taken by Heinrich Maass, 1925

2 comments :

  1. beautiful monochrome drawing, with diferents shades of grey, not talking about the book. I don´t know the original but I like yours most, I´m sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you setxu! I enjoyed this drawing, I am certainly going to continue exploring this course.

      Delete