Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Lunchtime watercolour

I'm trying to get back into a rhythm with my painting. I have been a bit lost lately, mainly because I have so much going on in my life besides art. This watercolour sketch took two lunchtimes to complete. It's a portrait of a Swedish artist that I admire. It's not a perfect likeness, I wasn't concerned with that, I just wanted to paint a picture. Tomorrow I will paint another lunchtime watercolour and it might even be an improvement on today's effort. Who knows.

Watercolour of Swedish artist by David Meldrum
Watercolour Artist, Fabrinao GF 300g, 23 x 16,5 cm

2 comments :

  1. setxu8:38 pm

    I can´t see if there is likeness or not because I don´t know him, all I can say is I like it, not only because of composition but for the use of colour. Your colouring seems to me not the light I supouse itś on your country ( never been there so it´s quite stupid saying this) but more mediterranean, full of warmth. I´m not saying you are not warm people ,but other painters from the north use cooler colors. I´m sure there must be something from the south in your soul and this mixing suits you a lot. Please keep giving us these happy moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the reason I don't paint in Scandinavian cool and sombre colours is because I'm not actually Swedish! I was born in Ireland and grew up there. I have lived in Sweden for the last 25 years and it feels like home these days. :)

      Delete