Thursday, October 09, 2014

Lunchtime watercolours

Here are two watercolours that I did  during my lunch breaks earlier in the week. My daily routine is to eat my lunch (quickly) and then spend 40 minutes painting. I usually have two watercolours on the go at the same time so I don't have to hang around waiting for pigment to dry. I find it's a great way to learn, I have to be quick and so I don't fiddle around, I just apply the paint and see what happens. I'm having a 50/50 success rate at the moment. I really want to improve my technique so squeezing in some art-time during the working-day is uplifting, I find it so frustrating when I don't find space in my life for watercolour.

Archipelago sunset, 25 x 16 cm, Arches gf 300g/m2

Archipelago mist, 23 x 16 cm, Arches gf 300g/m2


2 comments :

  1. setxu9:19 pm

    Atmospheric efect is fantastic, color palette wonderful , do you really need have lunch?. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I need to eat! But you might be right, starving artists tend to create great work! ;)

    ReplyDelete